Above & Beyond Truly Goes Above And Beyond When Providing Chimney Services In Duxbury
Todd Ramsey is the owner of Above & Beyond Chimney Service and has over 25 years of experience in the chimney sweeping industry. He and his team of skilled technicians are proud to protect residents in Duxbury from the threat of chimney fires and toxic gas poisoning. With proper maintenance, we can mitigate these risks for you. Here are the services we provide:
- Chimney/Fireplace Sweeping
- Chimney/Fireplace Inspections
- Chimney/Fireplace Restoration
- Chimney/Fireplace Tuckpointing & Masonry Repair
- Chimney Relining
- Chimney Caps/Dampers
- Chimney Smells/Fireplace Odor
- Leaky Chimney & Waterproofing
- Gas Fireplace Installation
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Gutter Services
The Importance Of Preventative Maintenance
We know you want a professional and comprehensive approach to maintaining your property. First and foremost, it’s about safety. Industry experts and associations recommend a yearly inspection and cleaning of all chimneys, fireplaces, ducts and vents in order to prevent fires and toxic gas poisoning.
- Fires begin with clogged and dirty chimneys, or with systems that were improperly installed or with missing or damaged components.
- When the gases produced by your wood and other fuel-burning appliances are not properly routed out of your home, they build up and cause health issues ranging from headaches to loss of lung function and death.
- Proper cleaning, inspections and repairs will eliminate these risks for you, which is why it is so important to call us; we know how to keep you safe
It addition to these life-saving services, we also perform air duct and gutter cleaning services. If your air vents are dirty, you are breathing dust, dirt, mold and who knows what else. No wonder your allergies act up. Poorly fitted, damaged, or dirty gutters cause water buildup, which leads to rot, mold, and leaks along your roof, walls and even your foundation.
Don’t Stress, Just Call Us!
Above and Beyond Chimney Service knows how important your home and safety are to you and we take our services very seriously.
- We are insured.
- All our technicians are certified by the Full Training.
- We are proud members with the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG)
- We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Our service is prompt, honest, and skilled.
Preservation Links Yesterday & Today With Tomorrow
Duxbury was incorporated in 1637. Originally Duxbury was a summer farming community. Many familiar names from our history lessons are part of Duxbury’s past. Captain Myles Standish and John Alden, Pilgrims who came over on the Mayflower, are two of the famous founders of Duxbury.
The 1600s attracted more settlers to Massachusetts, as a result of its close proximity to the Atlantic Ocean and the many rivers in the area. In the 1700s, the British granted fishing rights for the Grand Banks. Therefore, ship-building became a prosperous industry for Duxbury. Ezra Weston II built the largest ship ever built in New England in 1841. The Westons had the largest fleet in America; Duxbury prospered. In the 1850s, ship-building became obsolete as steamships and railroads dominated transportation and Duxbury’s main revenue source diminished.
However, the decline of the ship-building industry did not change the pristine landscape of Duxbury. Just as the early farmers spent summers in Duxbury, the beautiful land and water continued to attract summertime visitors. The new methods of transportation eased the burden of travel. In 1871, Newton ians would pay $1.50 for a round-trip ticket on the Duxbury-Cohasset Railroad to travel to Duxbury and back. Out of this interest in visiting Duxbury, rooming houses and early day hotels were built in a burgeoning “tourist” industry.
Today, Duxbury is still a popular tourist attraction, and residents can appreciate the vacation-like setting Duxbury offers. Of course, the coastal town attracts water lovers as well as history buffs.
- The Duxbury Yacht Club was incorporated in 1895 and is a private oasis for sailors, golfers, and members. Guest sailors may have visitor’s privileges to this prestigious club.
- The Duxbury Beach Park has a 6-mile barrier beach for swimming, relaxing, power boating and sail boating. It is one of the favorite beaches in New England.
- Powder Point Bridge (built in 1892) was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the oldest and longest bridge in the world until it was re-built in the 1980s. The bridge connects Duxbury to the beach.
- Snug Harbor is a beautiful boat basin for water lovers.
- Duxbury has a municipal Performing Arts Center that has live performances, classes and workshops, all in conjunction with the school system.
- Many important historical figures are buried at the Old Burying Ground in Duxbury, and visitors can reflect and learn about their lives and their influence.
Residents of Duxbury know that when they call Above & Beyond, we will expertly perform all chimney sweeping and related services above and beyond expectations. If you haven’t already done so, be sure you call us to perform your yearly maintenance.
Our customers in Hanover are proud to be part of the locations served by Above & Beyond and we’re proud to be there providing our professional chimney services!