Looking For Mess-Free Chimney And Fireplace Sweeping In The South Shore Area?
Not all chimney sweeps are created equal. It’s a sad fact that because chimney sweeps don’t have to be certified in order to sweep chimneys in Massachusetts, so many of them choose not to be and many homeowners are none the wiser. And because so much of the chimney is hidden from sight, homeowners have no way of knowing:
- if their chimney has been cleaned properly
- if the problems exist that their chimney inspector says exist
- if they are indeed protected from the risk of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning
This is not the case with Above & Beyond Chimney Service. Trust and transparency are the cornerstones of our company, which has been in operation for over 25 years. As certified members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) and the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA), we abide by a strict code of ethics and stay up to date on technical updates throughout the industry. We use ChimScan closed-circuit cameras to see the inside of your system, which helps our technicians to better analyze and care for your chimney. These cameras also allow us to show you our findings and the results once our work is done.
But first you may be wondering why your chimney needs to be inspected or cleaned in the first place. Well, we’re happy to give you the lay of the chimney land…
5 Reasons Why Your Chimney And Fireplace Need To Be Swept
When it comes to fire and your home, the most important things are at stake—your time, your health, your family, and your money. Read on to understand why your chimney system needs to be swept and how it can help prevent many potential problems.
- Protect your home and chimney from fire. Most chimneys, even ones in not-so-great shape, will contain a fire. That’s what they were designed to do. However, even a fire that is contained to the chimney can cause significant and expensive damage to the home. Regular chimney sweeping can help prevent chimney and house fires.
- Protect your family from carbon monoxide poisoning. Gas fireplaces and chimneys that are operating improperly can cause carbon monoxide—which is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and deadly—to build up to toxic levels inside a home. In order for your chimney to perform properly and safely, it must be cleaned and in good condition.
- Keep your fireplace or furnace running efficiently and neatly. A dirty chimney isn’t going to work as well, and symptoms of its distress may manifest in several unpleasant ways, including through the presentation of fireplace odors, chimney smells, and backpuffing. Regular cleaning can keep these problems at bay.
- Avoid big expense in the future. Preventative maintenance is the best way to care for your chimney and to avoid the exorbitant repair costs related to a fire. This is why annual inspections are recommended (followed by a sweeping, if deemed necessary).
- Enjoy your fire. A chimney sweep can help you truly and confidently enjoy the warmth and ambiance of your fireplace this season. If you have a “funny feeling” that your fireplace or chimney is not up to snuff, make an appointment with one of our chimney sweeps today.
Do you live in Suffolk County, Plymouth County, Norfolk County or Barnstable County? Above & Beyond Chimney Service serves Southern Massachusetts — from South Newton all along South Shore – and can keep your system working as efficiently and as safely as it should. Schedule your chimney sweeping today, by calling 781-383-0415.
Complete services for your fireplace and chimney include a thorough and professional chimney and fireplace inspection. Don’t put off this important home maintenance chore any longer…give us a call!