Restoration And Repair Of Your Fireplace And Chimney
One of the things we love about working in and around Newton , Plymouth and Yarmouth is that we get to work on a lot of older homes that have chimneys and fireplaces with great historical character. Preserving these chimneys and bringing them up to code has become a specialty of ours.
Are you undertaking the full restoration of an older home in Southern Massachusetts? Or is it just your old chimney that you’d like to have restored? In most cases, Above & Beyond Chimney Service is able to work with your existing chimney to create a safer, more efficient chimney once again.
Our chimney restoration services can address and repair the following:
- Venting efficiency
- Structural integrity
- Safety concerns
- Compromised masonry
- Faulty flashing
- Cracked chimney crowns
- No lining or liner in disrepair
- No damper or damper in disrepair
- No chimney cap or cap in disrepair
What About A Fireplace Restoration?
If you love your home’s fireplace but want it fresh and updated, you may want to consider hiring a professional to complete a fireplace restoration. Restoring an older fireplace can preserve the historical value of a home while increasing the fireplace’s overall safety and structural integrity. Our techs are extensively trained and experienced at helping customers match new stone or woodwork to the existing structure, which guarantees seamless renovations.
How We Do A Chimney Restoration
Before any restoration project begins, the chimney is inspected to assess its condition. We then tailor a solution to accommodate your needs, your budget, and your plans for use.
- Flue Restoration & Relining: One of the ways we’re able to make an old masonry chimney fit for use again is to outfit it with a ceramic flue sealant like Thermocrete. Thermocrete is sprayed into the inside of a chimney, coating the entire interior surface of the flue, effectively filling gaps, holes, and cracks in the masonry and creating a fireproof seal. Thermocrete is not a chimney liner, but it does have many of the same properties as a cast-in place liner. This is a great solution for chimneys that were built before the advent of clay tile liners and that desperately need updating. We also install pumped-in flue liners, and stainless steel chimney liners in old masonry chimneys, and proudly carry the Ventinox line. Following an inspection, one of our chimney technicians will be able to help you determine the best liner or ceramic flue sealant for your chimney and your budget.
- Masonry Repair & Tuckpointing: Many older chimneys also require masonry repair or tuckpointing work. Tuckpointing is the art of repairing the mortar between the bricks so that it matches the existing mortar. It’s crucial to keep your chimney’s brick and mortar in good shape to prevent water from seeping in. Even small chimney leaks can end up turning into big problems, as we’ve seen rainwater get into the ceilings and walls of a home this way. Our technicians will also be able to update your chimney with a chimney cap (to keep rain, debris, birds, and animals out of your chimney) and a chimney damper (to keep expensive conditioned air inside your home).
Comprehensive Chimney Services
In addition to fireplace and chimney restoration, Above & Beyond Chimney Service offers the following chimney-related services in and around our office in Cohasset, Massachusetts:
- Chimney/Fireplace Sweeping
- Chimney Inspections
- Tuckpointing and Masonry Repair
- Chimney Relining
- Chimney Cap and Damper Installation
- Chimney Smell/Fireplace Odor Resolution
- Chimney Leak Repair
Schedule your chimney maintenance service today with Above & Beyond Chimney Service – we guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Call 781-383-0415.
We offer high-quality masonry repair and tuckpointing for customers all around southern Massachusetts. Call on us for help with these skilled chimney or fireplace services today.