Quincy MA Chimney Repair & Chimney Cleaning
A chimney that’s not working right is not only a hassle – it also can be a safety risk. Fortunately, there’s a good solution to repairing your chimney and keeping it in great shape year after year.
Above & Beyond Chimney Service helps homeowners throughout Quincy MA with year-round chimney sweeping, chimney repair work and chimney inspections. Here’s what we can do for you.
Chimney Sweep Quincy
If you use a wood-burning fireplace, it’s important that you keep the chimney clean. Proper chimney cleaning involves removing flammable creosote from the flue as well as tree debris and debris left by animals who’ve made their homes in the flue.
There are two main reasons to schedule a professional chimney sweeping once a year:
- Chimney fires: The majority of chimney fires each year in the U.S. are caused by excess creosote. A chimney fire can damage the flue liner as well as the interior masonry of the chimney and set fire to adjacent materials of your home.
- Drafting: Debris in your flue will impede the drafting of smoke. This can result in deadly carbon monoxide backing up into the house and putting the health of people and pets at risk.
Our chimney sweeps are certified through the Full Training and have all the tools and training needed to thoroughly clean your Quincy chimney.
Above & Beyond has been repairing chimneys in Quincy MA for more than 20 years. You can trust our trained technicians to handle any job and do it right the first time.
- Chimney liner repair & installation
- Chimney crown repair & rebuilding
- Chimney cap/flue top cap repair; installation of new full-width chimney caps
- Masonry surface waterproofing
- Flashing repair & new flashing installation
- Fireplace damper/top-mount damper repair & replacement
- Smoke shelf repair & smoke chamber parging
- Leaky chimney repair
Timely repair work on your chimney will save you the stress and hassle of large and expensive repair projects down the line.
Chimney Masonry Work
When a chimney suffers significant damage, we can rebuild the structure. It may be just the top section that needs attention, or the entire structure may require rebuilding.
After an inspection, we’ll tell you the best course of action to restore strength and integrity to your chimney. If you have an older home, we’re known as the historic chimney restoration experts throughout the Quincy area.
Other structural repair services include:
Tuckpointing: This process replaces missing areas of mortar throughout the masonry with a fresh, new compound.
Chimney crown rebuilding: The cement crown at the top of your chimney is prone to cracking over time. We can seal or rebuild the crown to prevent water damage to the flue and the chimney bricks.
Brick repair: Our team does a lot of brick repair work. Spalling bricks compromise the integrity of your chimney structure and eventually can cause it to lean or collapse.
Quincy MA Chimney Inspections
We provide all three levels of certified chimney inspection as outlined by the experts:
Level 1: The basic chimney inspection that should be performed once a year.
Level 2: An inspection called for when:
- The home is being sold
- The system is being altered such as when attaching a new heating unit to the chimney
- An event or malfunction signals that serious damage may exist within the system and further investigation is needed
Level 3: Performed when there is known damage that could put the home and people at risk; this inspection often involves removing parts of the chimney or adjacent home building materials.
Norwell MA homeowners have trusted Above & Beyond Chimney Service since 1997 to keep their chimneys clean, safe and fully functioning. Learn more about our services or schedule an appointment by calling (781) 383-0415.