Certified Chimney Cleaning & Repair In Hanover MA
Keeping your chimney in top shape requires periodic maintenance. Above & Beyond Chimney Service works throughout the Hanover MA region to clean, inspect and repair our customers’ chimneys, ensuring that they remain efficient and safe.
Chimney sweep service scheduled once a year is the best way to keep the inside of your chimney flue clean and reduce drafting problems and the chance of a chimney fire. Chimney cleaning involves two main targets:
- Remove flammable creosote buildups that form every time you burn a wood fire
- Remove drafting obstructions such as falling tree debris and small-animal nests to allow smoke and deadly carbon monoxide to draft correctly
Above & Beyond chimney sweeps are certified through the Full Training and take great pride in the work they do for our Hanover customers. We’re fast, safe, clean and thorough.
Chimney inspections can save you large expenditures by spotting early signs of chimney damage and malfunction. A safety inspection should be performed once a year and overseen by a licensed, certified technician.
Three levels of inspection are recommended:
Level 1: Basic inspection covering all visible areas of the chimney.
Level 2: A more involved inspection often using video scan technology. Level 2 chimney inspections are needed when:
- The home is being sold
- The system is being modified or altered in some way
- Damage to the chimney structure is believed to exist
Level 3: This inspection is performed when significant damage has occurred and may involve removing parts of the chimney structure and adjacent home building materials.
Your Hanover home will be safer by scheduling annual chimney inspections and then having any necessary repair work completed in a timely fashion. We offer all types of chimney repairs.
Whatever is wrong with your chimney, we know how to make it right. Our chimney repair services include:
- Complete chimney liner repair & new liner installation to protect your chimney from heat and acidic compounds
- Masonry and chimney crown waterproofing to prevent water from moving into cracks and causing expensive damage
- Chimney cap/flue top cover repair and replacement with a new full-width chimney cap to guard the top of your chimney
- Repair and replacement of damaged chimney flashing that blocks the space between your roof and chimney
- Fireplace damper/top-mount damper repair and installation
All repairs will be performed by licensed, certified chimney technicians who care about your chimney and the safety of your home and family.
Severely damaged chimneys are unsafe to use. If this describes your Hanover chimney, we can solve the problem with chimney rebuilding and masonry work.
Chimney rebuilding: We perform partial and complete chimney rebuilding to restore efficiency and safety to your chimney. Our masons are experts at all levels of rebuilding including historic chimney restorations.
Chimney crown rebuilding: Chimney crowns are prone to cracking over time. When this happens, the crown needs to be rebuilt to prevent water damage.
Tuckpointing: This is a service we offer our Hanover customers that replaces areas of missing mortar within the chimney masonry with strong new mortar to strengthen the structure and extend the life of the chimney.
Brick repair: Spalling (damaged) bricks can make a chimney unsafe. Our chimney technicians can replace and repair bricks throughout your chimney system.
You can add years of life to your Hanover chimney with regular chimney sweep services, chimney inspections and timely chimney repair and rebuilding. Speak with a chimney expert today at (781) 383-0415.