Inspection, Cleaning & Repair in Hull MA
Homeowners throughout Hull, MA, count on Above & Beyond Chimney Service to keep their chimneys clean and operating safely and efficiently. We offer all the necessary services you need to accomplish this with your chimney. Our team serves Hull and all other South Shore communities.
Our trained chimney sweeps focus on two main objectives:
- Remove flammable creosote from your chimney flue
- Remove debris that can cause a drafting obstruction
Creosote is a highly flammable compound that is created whenever a wood fire burns. This substance clings to the walls of your chimney liner and easily can ignite and start a chimney fire.
Obstructions such as bird and squirrel nests, leaves, twigs, falling fruit and other debris can narrow your flue and send smoke back into your Hull home. Smoke is a problem, but a worse problem is the carbon monoxide it carries, which is known to be potentially fatal to humans and animals.
Above & Beyond chimney sweeps will remove creosote and debris from your flue and ensure that your chimney operates as it should.
Our Hull customers count on us for annual basic chimney inspections to uncover early signs of damage so it can be repaired quickly and economically. We offer all three levels of inspection including:
Level 1: The basic inspection covering all visible areas.
Level 2: An inspection that involves video camera technology and is performed when:
- the home is being sold
- a chimney fire or other damaging event has occurred
- a new appliance is being connected to the chimney or some other modification is taking place
Level 3: This inspection is needed when a previous inspection indicates malfunction that requires specialized procedures to investigate. Level 3 inspections often involve the removal of sections of the chimney or the home’s building materials.
Above & Beyond provides our customers in Hull, MA, and surrounding areas with all the chimney repair work they need to keep their chimneys safe and healthy. We offer:
- Chimney cap and chase cover repair/replacement
- Chimney liner HeatShield repair/installation
- Chimney crown repair/waterproofing
- Masonry brick repair and tuckpointing
- Chimney flashing repair and replacement
- Fireplace damper repair and installation
- Smoke chamber parging
- Smoke shelf repair
and many other important chimney repair services.
Serious chimney structural damage can happen for many reasons including:
- Earthquakes and lightning strikes
- Pounding hail storms and violent winds
- House-settling and shifting of the chimney footing
- Water that has infiltrated many parts of the masonry
- A major chimney fire
- Season after season of icy weather
- Inferior materials used in constructing the chimney
- Old age
When a chimney needs extensive work, Hull homeowners count on our expertise to determine the best way to restore their chimneys to full working order in the least amount of time.
Our trained masons perform both partial and complete chimney rebuilding. We also offer tuckpointing to repair crumbling mortar joints, brick repair and replacement and other services needed to repair damaged masonry.
If it’s been more than a year since your Hull, MA, chimney was cleaned or inspected, or if you suspect the structure is showing signs of damage, call the Massachusetts chimney experts, Above & Beyond, at (781) 383-0415. We solve problems and keep homes and families safe.